Workshops and Tracks
Almost 40 workshops will be offered at MOVE 2017 in the following tracks:
- Philanthropy: Donors and anyone who wants to learn more about charitable giving will increase their knowledge of philanthropy tools, trends and best practices, how to tackle problem areas through strategic giving, and how all generations are making a difference through inspirational examples of giving back.
- Activism: Activists and others interested in building a movement to impact issues facing the Arab American community learn from experienced individuals and from each other how to work effectively together to raise their voices and create change.
- Organizational development: Nonprofit leaders learn how to improve the management of their organizations and strengthen their programs to advance their mission.
- DIWAN7 (now part of MOVE 2017): Arab American artists, scholars, and performers representing myriad academic fields and artistic genres explore the boundaries of art in addressing social issues related to Arab Americans and the community at large.
- Youth Empowerment: High school- and college-aged youth in the Arab American community will come together for sharing, learning, and relationship building. Primarily youth led, this track will focus on many facets of youth leadership development including advocacy and youth programming.
For details about workshop sessions including session descriptions and speakers, click here.